Saturday, October 15, 2011

NO means NO

Shameful.  That is the only way to describe the proponents of SB 5 involved in twisting the words of a grandmother in their ad.  Then, of course, Jason Mauk, a political operative for the GOP, defended the ad, and Kasich supported it too.  In November 2010, John Kasich said words that showed you exactly the kind of man he is----

Cleveland.com:

We need you on the bus, and if you're not on the bus, we will run over you with the bus. And I'm not kidding. ...
I had 12 visits by a president, somewhere between $45 [million] and $50 million [spent against me], Five-hundred paid volunteers in here calling me every name in the book, former presidents, first ladies and God knows who else -- and we beat all of them.
And if you think you're going to stop us, you're crazy. You will not stop us. We will beat you!
(Point of clarification: Kasich's claim about "12 visits by a president" was judged FALSE by Politifact.)

I guess in this case, Kasich, the Republicans, and their corporate supporters did run over a grandmother. 

Many years ago, when I worked as a teacher here in central Ohio, I took a knife away from a student in my classroom. After I spoke with the school principal and explained what happened, the student was removed from my class for a period of days, .  However, under SB 5....

ISSUE 2 Restricts rights to collective bargaining for:
SCHOOL SAFETY ISSUES
Source: Senate Bill 5; p 230, Section 4117.08 (C)
and p 232, Section 4117.081 (A)(B)


Under SB 5, I would not be allowed to discuss safety issues, behavior problems, and threats  with my immediate supervisor because that would involve collective bargaining. The entire SB 5 legislation was written by people who've never really walked in the shoes of the first responders, teachers, nurses, and public employees.  The Republicans and their supporters don't have the courage to do the kinds of jobs we've done or continue to do.  The only power they think they have is to run over grandmothers, attempt to take away our freedom of speech, and removing our rights as workers.  Don't let that happen.

Vote NO on Issue 2.

Vote NO on Issue 1.
Vote NO on Issue 2.
Vote NO on Issue 3.