Monday, September 19, 2011

Kasich said what?????

*DaytonDailyNews:


In a letter to 240 district employees, Southeast Local Schools Superintendent Mike Shreffler criticized Gov. John Kasich for saying public employees get free pensions and free health care coverage.

Shreffler said he attended a private meeting with Kasich and House Speaker William Batchelder, R-Medina, on Sept. 1 at a factory in northeast Ohio with about 200 mostly Republican supporters.....

“What he claims to have happened didn’t happen. It’s not true,” Nichols said. The governor often says that in some instances, some public employees do not pay toward their retirement or health care, Nichols said....

"The governor often says....?"  Sounds to me like Kasich is just throwing around a lot of baloney in these "closed doors meetings" with business people. 

As a former public employee, I can tell you that I paid a substantial amount of my paychecks into my state retirement fund and towards my health care.  If Kasich says that some public employees aren't paying anything, we'd all like to find out which jobs are exempt.