Saturday, August 11, 2012

Paul Ryan's god


Paul Ryan is a dangerous man. He worships someone that referred to people as producers and parasites. Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney's pick for his vice presidential running mate, is an avid follower of atheist, Ayn Rand.

The Atlanticwire ran some quotes from an audio of Paul Ryan that was posted by the Atlas Society.  Here are the quotes as posted by the Atlanticwire:

  • "I just want to speak to you a little bit about Ayn Rand and what she meant to me in my life and [in] the fight we’re engaged here in Congress. I grew up on Ayn Rand, that’s what I tell people."
  • "I grew up reading Ayn Rand and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are."
  • "It’s inspired me so much that it’s required reading in my office for all my interns and my staff. We start with Atlas Shrugged. People tell me I need to start with The Fountainhead then go to Atlas Shrugged [laughter]. There’s a big debate about that. We go to Fountainhead, but then we move on, and we require Mises and Hayek as well."

Ayn Rand is required reading for his staff?  That sounds like indoctrination.

If you think that is shocking, here is even more about Republican Rep. Paul Ryan from the Sacramento Bee:

....Ryan, a Wisconsin congressman, is the architect of the Ryan budget plan that makes big changes to Medicare and Medicaid and could allow for some privatization of Social Security. And that's widely seen by Democrats and most analysts as a politically risky stance in Florida, a must-win state for Republicans.

...Ryan might have another problem in Florida: he opposes the Cuban embargo, a stance that's anathema to Miami-Dade's exile community, which is overwhelmingly Republican and had hoped that one of their own, Sen. Marco Rubio, would have been picked as Romney's running mate. Though conservative, the county's elderly Cuban population relies heavily on government assistance, particularly Medicare.

Polls indicate that voters over 50 years old - who comprise more than half the Florida electorate - are wary of changes to the major government-entitlement programs, which pump about $96 billion yearly into the hands of the elderly, the infirm and the hospitals, doctors and other providers who give them care.....

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/11/4716859/how-paul-ryan-could-be-a-drag.html#storylink=cpy

Those of us approaching retirement don't want anyone touching Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. People who are younger, in their 30's, 40's, and 50's, don't want these program ended, as Ryan wants to do, because it would leave their parent in their hands....

It might be time for Sarah Silverman to make another appeal to those seniors in Florida, like she did in 2008.