The money race is on for Ohio's members of Congress. Cleveland.com has the money totals for Ohio's delegation. Here are some highlights:
Rep. Zack Space, D-Dover
Amount from PACS: $217,300
Cash on hand: $588,815
Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy, D-Columbus
Amount from PACS: $148,464
Cash on hand: $189,171
Rep. Steve Driehaus, D-Cincinnati
Amount from PACS: $144,625
Cash on hand: $211,984
* Looks like Republican Rob Portman, a member of the Bush administration, is trying to visit every city in Ohio to raise money for his Senate campaign. Portman is very, very conservative, although he doesn't want you to know that. Here are a few highlights when Portman was a member of Congress (ontheissues.org):
1. Against strengthening Social Security lockbox.
2. Favored privatizing social security. (Aren't you glad this didn't pass????)
3. Voted yes on authorizing military force in Iraq. (Supported Bush's war.)
4. Supports teacher-led prayer in public schools. (Absolutely ridiculous idea.)
5. Voted against adoption by gay partners in DC. (Someone should ask him why.)
6. Against women's reproductive freedom.
Read through the Portman record on your own to see his extreme right wing views/record.