Monday, September 20, 2010

Compare the Candidates

The two candidates running for State Representative for Ohio's 21st District are very different.  Democrat David Robinson has a wonderfully informative website that details his business background.  Here is a an excerpt from the RobinsonforOhio website:

I’m a businessman, a husband and father, and an engaged citizen, and that’s how I think about public policy. This means that I’m committed to creating an environment where innovation and work are rewarded, where opportunity is available to all, and where we honor our responsibility to future generations. These are the basic principles that guide my thinking....


......My experience as a local manufacturer selling innovative products around the globe provides me with a mindset, a set of skills, a basic know-how that I believe will make me an effective proponent of job creation and economic development in the Statehouse. My goal is to move Ohio to the front of the pack, ahead of the curve, in the emerging technologies, energies, and industries that will be the basis of tomorrow’s wealth, jobs, and power.

I make this my primary goal because on the foundation of a strong economy—and only on that basis—can we support and sustain our many commitments to our children and seniors, our veterans, to the building of a better society, and to a clean and healthy natural world....


Wow!  I can't wait to vote for Robinson.

Then, we have his opponent, Republican Mike Duffey.  Duffey's website doesn't really discuss anything about a business background but mostly notes his work in Worthington a small town. Duffey seems more interested in supporting his Republican Party than listening to his constituents and has always impressed me as someone who thinks he is entitled.  

Here in the northern suburbs of Columbus, we also have a Republican candidate named Kevin Bacon. Republican Kevin Bacon has a wonderful record.  NOT!

Republican Kevin Bacon voted against:
-a moratorium on foreclosures in the state
- a bill to protect tenants during a foreclosure of their rental
- the transportation budget
- the state government budget
- HB 260 Campaign Finance and Election Issues (to improve voter access).

Why would he vote against a bill to protect tenants when their rental is being foreclosed?  Don't the tenants deserve some help and assistance?  Does Bacon just want to throw them out into the street? 

Why would he vote against having a stop on home foreclosures?  Is this guy thinking or is it that he just doesn't care about people?  Is Kevin Bacon protecting bankers?????

Republican Kevin Bacon repeats the Republican mantra in his TV ad--- cut regulations, blah, blah, blah, blah.........  He won't get my vote.