Thursday, October 03, 2013

Revealed


The Republican strategy was revealed during an open live mic conversation between Republicans Sen. Mitch McConnell and Sen. Rand Paul (h/t talkingpointsmemo).

WPSD:

...Senator Paul began, "Do you have a second?"
"I'm all wired up here, um," Senator McConnell replied.
"I just did CNN and I just go over and over again 'We're willing to compromise.  'We're willing to negotiate.'  I think... I don't think they poll tested we won't negotiate.  I think it's awful for them to say that over and over again," Paul said.

"Yeah, I do too and I, and I just came back from that two hour meeting with them and that, and that was basically the same view privately as it was publically," McConnell agreed.

Paul added, "I think if we keep saying 'We wanted to defund it.  We fought for that and that we're willing to compromise on this', I think they can't, we're gonna, I think... well I know we don't want to be here, but we're gonna win this I think."




The Republicans don't care about furloughs, kids with cancer being left without living-saving medicine, children without HeadStart programs, funding for food for the poor, but they do care about their right wing message. Republicans have put their party first and the American people second.

This entire shutdown was orchestrated by the tea party Republicans and their puppetmasters---- the Koch Brothers, FreedomWorks, and the rest of the far right mindless jerks.