Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mary Jo Heads to DC

>>> Yesterday was Mary Jo Kilroy's last meeting as a Franklin County Commissioner (Dispatch). Kilroy, a Democrat, will be going to Congress to represent Ohio's 15th congressional district.

>>> Central Ohio is covered with ice this morning. With school closings and delays, it has already been a hectic morning for everyone. Hopefully, the roads will improve in the coming hours.

>>> Britney Spears is going to perform in Columbus, according to the Dispatch:

Britney Spears will bring her "The Circus" concert tour to Value City Arena April 30.

Tickets, from $39.50 to $125 (in addition to $250 and $500 special packages) go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Schottenstein Center box office and Ticketmaster outlets.....

I want to go on record now---- I will not be attending the concert.

>>> Those Tasers are being used in schools by police/resource officers that patrol schools. 10TV has a story about how Tasers were used in South-Western City School to break up a fight. I've broken up many fights during my years as a teacher in middle schools. I've never seen Tasers used. It is my personal opinion that Tasers do not belong in schools.