Saturday, May 31, 2008

From "IS" to "WAS"

I've been thinking about that story from CQ Politics, and so I went back to check the link. Since I first referred to the post at CQ, the original text has been altered/edited/changed. The CQ Politics article now reads.....
....Stivers, who was a registered lobbyist......

When I wrote about it in this same blog (see below) on May 27th, the text read-----
.......Stivers, who is a registered lobbyist....

I think we'd all like to know if the "....is a lobbyist..." was changed to "....was a lobbyist..." because Stivers and the Republicans made the author change the text. I'd like to suggest that the Ohio Democratic Party check into the exact status of Stivers lobbyist designation. How does one un-register their position as a lobbyist? Does he still work for any companies/institutions as a lobbyist when the Ohio Senate is not in session? When did he cease to be a lobbyist?