Friday, August 29, 2008

Just some notes....

I finally found an article that mentions the size of McCain's audience in Dayton. McCain had his rally at the Nutter Center which has a capacity of 10,000. Here is the story from WANE-TV:

....In front of hundreds at Dayton's Nutter Center Arena, John McCain made his official announcement......

* There are some interesting facts about the Sarah Palin for Governor website (Palin has been Governor for Alaska for 650 days):

> Education : Wasilla High graduate, 1982; University of Idaho graduate, B.S. Communications - Journalism, 1987
> Palin was Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska. Wasilla has a population of 5,469, according to the 2000 U.S. Census, with a land area of 11.72 sq. miles.
> Sarah Palin spent $400,000 of Alaskan state money to promote the aerial shooting of bears and wolves from private planes in Alaska.

From Think Progress--- Sen. Ted Stevens and Gov. Sarah Palin----

stevenspalinbig.jpg


I've read so much today and I'm sorry I don't know where I read this, but it applies:

"I know Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is a friend of mine. Sarah Palin is no Hillary Clinton."

Just one last thing......
Doesn't this show something about McCain's judgment or should I say, lack of judgment? If you are in the military or a member of a military family, does McCain's pick give you comfort about the direction he'd take this country? As my 85 year old mother said, "Maybe McCain has a little dementia."