Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Just the Facts

This particular bit of information is old news, from October 21, 2005, but I think it is worth looking at again:

Congresswoman Deborah Pryce Has Given $1,000 to the Tom DeLay Legal Defense Fund
  • $10,000 Bail amount paid by indicted Congressman Tom DeLay in Texas.
  • $1,000 Money from Congresswoman Pryce to the DeLay legal defense fund.
And....
If you look at this summary on Labor, Pryce is rated poorly by labor groups.
Her ratings in supporting Education issues are below average.
Since Bush's war in Iraq started (2003), her support of Veterans' issues could be called extremely poor.
Pryce has not done much to support our Civil Liberties.
She supports Business interests over Consumer interests a majority of the time.

***The Plain Dealer has news about Ohio's favorite sushi fan, Republican Rep. Bob Ney (OH-18). Ney says he will not resign like Tom DeLay. Here is an excerpt:
"While I respect Tom DeLay's decision, I am not Tom DeLay," Ney said in a press statement. "I have absolutely no intention of retiring. My constituents will make that decision in the next election and I am grateful for the very strong support I receive when I travel around the district."