Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Details, Details, Details

I have to finish shopping for gifts, but before I go I have a few things to say-----

1. President Bush said he has a "louder microphone" than anyone else. He may have a louder microphone, but what he says into it is just plain moronic. Who voted for him? Not me!

2. Bush still doesn't get it about the American people wanting an end to the war in Iraq. The military generals want to end the war. Why won't Bush open his ears and listen?

3. Bush said that NCLB (No Child Left Behind) has been a significant accomplishment. Really? Ask a teacher. Has it been funded yet?

4. The Franklin County Commissioners, including Democrat Mary Jo Kilroy, have adopted their budget for the county. Dispatch: ...Kilroy called the budget fiscally responsible, and Brooks called it "focused and efficient
." She said it reflects three county priorities for 2007: public safety, economic development and environmental protection....

5. So far this holiday season, I have not shopped at Wal-Mart or Michael's Crafts. Wal-Mart is unfair to its employees and its suppliers. Michael's was started by the guys who funded the Swift Boat smear campaign, and they'll never get a penny from me.

6. Troy Smith has been named the AP Player of the Year, according to the Dispatch.

7. The Dispatch has a slideshow of the Buckeyes when they won the National Championship over Miami. Check it out here.

8. We are really looking forward to going to see the Buckeyes play for the national championship in Arizona. Having been to Arizona twice before to watch the Buckeyes in the Fiesta Bowl, I can state that the people associated with the Tostitos bowl committee and the people of Arizona are great. They love Buckeye fans because we are nice and we travel to watch our Bucks. I just can't wait to do O-H-I-O in the stadium.

9. The View with Rosie is just so much fun to watch.

10. Buckeye basketball player, Greg Oden, said he plans to stay at Ohio State for four years. The Ozone:

December 18, 2006 5:45 PM

Men's Basketball : During interviews today, freshman center Greg Oden was asked about how long he intended to stay at Ohio State. Oden answered "There's a very big chance I will be here four years." When asked if he really intended to be here four years he replied "Of course. I've got to finish college. That's what my Mom told me."