Tuesday, May 10, 2016
The Damage Done to Ohio
If you live in Ohio, you already know what Gov. John Kasich has done to the state:
- funds cut to public schools
- additional money given to failing charter schools that continue to have failing grades, and low graduation rates.
- counties, cities, and small towns losing vital state funding
- cuts to health facilities pushing physically and mentally fragile individuals away from
families and into large holding providers.
- new jobs are only low paying in companies that offer few benefits or only seasonal positions. Example: Walmart is Ohio's largest employer.
- with Kasich out of the state for months, job losses have increased rapidly:
- teachers in Ohio have been disrespected by his administration with demands that teachers do more with less assistance from the state.
- infrastructure in the state has gone into horrible disrepair with massive holes and crumbling bridges are in every county.
- attacks on the rights of voters have increased with 2 million voters removed from registration rolls.
- women have had their reproductive rights and health access denied because of the right-leaning, anti-female, anti-equality Republicans in the General Assembly that jump at the chance to support every goofy idea put forth by the governor.
- massive amounts of money have been given to JobsOhio with little oversight on how the money is being spent to bring jobs to the state.
- with less money going to communities, police and fire staffs have been cut dramatically with some areas facing massive risks.
There are plenty more areas that have been hurt by the Kasich administration and the enabling Republicans. I will continue to bring them to your attention.
Follow me on Twitter at @Ohiomom6.