Monday, June 16, 2014
Ohio Gov. John Kasich and his Republican pals are moving our state to the past:
• Women have lost rights to control their reproductive systems.
• Schools have lost millions of dollars in support so that the failing charter schools can get more tax dollars.
• Cities, villages, and counties have lost funding for road repairs, fire and police staffing, and administrative support.
• Colleges have lost money from the Kasich budgets because of his bizarre funding plan that has nothing to do with the number of enrolled students.
• Thousands of people have lost food and living support with cuts made by Kasich.
• Physicians, teachers, fire fighters, police officers, and community leaders have seen their security and daily jobs altered by cuts and restrictions imposed by the right wing GOP.
• Kasich and the Republicans pushed and passed a third grade reading guarantee law without any funding going to school districts.
• School districts have had to turn to more school levies because of Kasich's cuts to districts.
• Cuts to green energy rules will cause Ohio to lose even more jobs because of the small-minded, Neanderthals in the Republican Party that want us to return to the past.
Etc., etc., etc.
It is time for progress. Ohio needs to support Ed Fitzgerald for governor. Period.