Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thoughts on the Debate

**It appears that Republican Rep. Deborah Pryce (OH-15) isn't worried about losing an election because of her position on the Iraq war. New York Times:
...Rep. Deborah Pryce of Ohio, a moderate who was chairwoman of the Republican Conference for four years and prevailed in a tough re-election race last year, said GOP lawmakers have little to fear.

“The country is pretty 50-50. I don’t think anybody is going to win this,” she said. “Time may change that, but right now I don’t see any consequences.”

Being against the war isn't just the idea of one political party. It is a belief that is held by many Americans.

**I saw about 30 minutes of the GOP presidential debate on MSNBC and I can describe it in one word.....yawn!

How old is McCain---90 or 91? He seems very old.

Tancredo--- We already have a president who has difficulty speaking, we don't need another.

Duncan Hunter---Give me a break!

Giuliani----He had a squirmy answer to the question about his relationship with the Black community while he was mayor.

Huckabee- He scares me.

Tommy Thompson--Really?

Mitt--There is just not enough substance.

Brownback--He really, really, really scares me! He is so far to the right, he'd fall off the planet.

On the whole, I thought it was about as exciting as watching grass grow.